SolarEdge Smart Home Solar Automation
Imagine having the ability to control individual areas of your home that require power at certain times during the day, with our smart home solutions we make dreams a reality.
All this is possible on a SolarEdge panel & inverter system with 3 things:
- The Zigbee Gateway
- Zigbee Relays installed on high demand devices and appliances
- A simple solar system control app.
The ZigBee Gateway and relays
Solar power is produced at different levels during the day. This is also true of the demand on your home’s energy requirements. By using smart home solar automation you can install relays on high demand appliances such as, pool pumps, washing machines, ovens, and Electric Vehicle charges.
To put it simply it works like this:
- Sunlight hits your SolarEdge Optimised panels which converts the unsafe DC into safe clean AC energy for your home through the SolarEdge inverter
- With the addition of the Zigbee Gateway this assesses your preset requirements such as time of day and excess power periods
- From here the Zigbee Gateway communicates with the required areas using installed Zigbee relays on devices and appliances
- The inverter does the rest by distributing the power to any devices and appliances areas you have requested.
An example would be it’s midday, there is excess power on your system and you have set any excess to clean your pool before you get home from work…it’s really that easy!
The App that controls it all
From this all-in-one hub you can:
- See when your solar PV system is producing to its maximum potential.
- View historic and real-time solar energy production of your SunEnergy optimized system.
- Have the ability to measure production against previous days.
- View the weather forecast that illustrates the impact this may have on your system allowing you to act accordingly with your home energy usage.
- Share real-time and historic data with your friends and family through various social platforms